Regional Director of Outpatient Operations - Downstate New York
Location: Mixture of remote + travel throughout Downstate New York
Supervisor: Senior VP of Operations
CHE is a premier provider of behavioral health services with more than 700 clinicians in eleven states. We are a multispecialty clinical group dedicated to increasing access to mental health services and to reducing stigma associated with mental health conditions.
We provide both psychology and psychiatry services in multiple settings including Outpatient Telehealth, In-person Psychotherapy Clinics, Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living Facilities. Our philosophy of care is grounded in the belief that mental health care should be holistic and patient-centered. Rather than utilizing a one size fits all approach, we recognize people’s mental and emotional health as highly individual and reflective of personal experiences and history, biological and genetic factors, relationships and social support, and social factors such as economic, gender, racial, and other systemic disparities. Personal mental health is tied to the health of communities and the greater social world; therefore, CHE believes that mental and emotional well-being is best achieved by working at both the individual and community levels.
To support strong communities and contribute to a more just social world, CHE works to strengthen diversity and inclusivity and to reduce systematic practices that negatively impact mental health. We actively support and partner with non-profit organizations and other companies dedicated to creating a more equitable world. Through our treatment philosophy, teletherapy services, clinics and facilities, social activism, and community support, CHE hopes to create a world where stigma around mental health is eradicated and where seeking mental health care services is viewed as good self-care.
The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for assuring effective and efficient operational processes including but not limited to communicating, directing, planning, organizing, and financial monitoring to facilitate the delivery of high-quality behavioral health services within the assigned territory. This position will partner with leaders throughout the organization to drive initiatives, programs, and services to deliver on key initiatives. The Regional Director of Operations will support and foster an organizational environment that encourages ownership, responsibility, and accountability to accomplish the company’s vision.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving financial performance and productivity within assigned areas of operations
- Act as a liaison between company administration and company employees.
- Responsible for driving operational improvements across assigned territory
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition team on all clinical openings for both inpatient & outpatient practices within their territory.
- Provides leadership and vision for organizational impact and performance. Implements an operation-wide performance-based culture.
- Manage multi-disciplinary clinical teams of P/T and F/T mental health professionals, including Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers and Nurse Practitioners in both the inpatient and outpatient practices.
- Manages scheduling, staffing and facility assignments.
- Regularly (at least monthly) checks in with providers assigned to their territory, more frequent check ins preferred.
- Coordinates with and reports to senior company management to provide quality services, promote optimal productivity and drive growth.
- Coordinates and provides oversight and support for new facility start-ups to ensure that the initiation of services meets facility expectations and supports optimal provider productivity.
- Regularly (minimum quarterly) visits assigned facilities to address system and process deficits and ensure facility satisfaction.
- Responsible for collaborating with customers and ensuring the growth of prospective business
- Works effectively with leaders of the organization to foster effective teamwork and managing towards consistently greater effectiveness and consistently improved performance throughout assigned territory
- Provide goal-oriented direction to direct reports; assist with problem-solving as needed
- Ensures all operations are carried out in an ethical, responsible manner. Monitors compliance of all clinical policies and procedures and ensures all operational services meet regulatory and quality standards
- Ensures compliance & quality assurance within all clinical programs
- Thorough understanding of Payor agreements including Medicare and other government payors
- Evaluates and make recommendations for business development and expansion opportunities within assigned territories. Oversee the implementation of all expansion opportunities within assigned territory
- Provide leadership and mentoring to management staff in establishing objectives related to staffing, policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with clinical leadership in the development and implementation of new clinical programs
- Recommend, develop, and assist in strategic planning and budget process
- Participates in recruitment and retention of both clinical and non-clinical staff
- Other responsibilities as directed by senior management
- Ability to travel