CHE has been operating for over 20 years and employs over 700 clinicians in eleven states of operations and in a larger population of outpatient services. We deliver a unique programmatic approach to behavioral health services and are focused on quality and compliance for facilities and in our outpatient settings. Backed by a leading private equity investment firm, we are looking for aggressive, talented, ambitious, engaging, innovative, and all-around balanced individual to join our team. Telehealth services are changing the way physicians and clinicians’ access and treat patients all over the world. Utilizing various digital devices, healthcare professionals can communicate and manage the health of the patient from virtually anywhere. CHE providers utilize video software to connect with patients to provide tele psychotherapy–talk therapy from the comfort of the patient’s home
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
- Experience with scheduling appointments
- Experience in behavioral health services.
- Minimum of two years in medical billing setting
- Knowledge of insurance coverage and benefit verification is a plus.
- Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, PPO knowledge base.
- Experience in working with RCM (Revenue Cycle Management) Department.
- Thorough understanding of scheduling appointments, patient registration, insurance coverage and benefit verification and sensitivity to patients in need or behavioral health services.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA, Federal, State, and local insurance regulations, and requirements.
- Customer service oriented
- Patience and empathy and sensitivity to patient’s reason for calling.
- Listening capacity
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Positive attitude and calm demeanor.
- Quick and accurate alpha/numeric data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to work in high volume, fast paced environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven record of reliability, dependability and professional relationship building skills
- Ability to adapt to change and positively support goals, new policies, and procedures
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to job responsibilities
Responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance eligibility and benefits, determination of correct billable party, accurate and timely entry into patient management system. Assisting with Clinician schedule management/availability, working as a team player in a remote setting. Working knowledge of HIPAA, Federal, State and Local insurance regulations.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Answering phones / Remote Call Center environment
- Scheduling appointments
- Sensitivity to the nature of calls received.
- Verifies and updates patient demographic and insurance information in the practice management system.
- Effectively use problem-solving skills to obtain and verify patient demographic and insurance information.
- Obtains insurance coverage eligibility, benefit verification and accurately determines correct party financially responsible for payment.
- Follow up with patient for Intake Questionnaire / consent/ HIPAA paperwork.
- Communicate with Clinicians regarding schedule changes, appointment changes, and verification of patient insurance coverage.
- Prompt return and follow up to all interactions, prompt response to internal and external inquiries and requests.
- Communicate with doctors regarding new and ongoing patients authorized for service.
- Sort and file paperwork (electronically).
- Maintain a working knowledge of all health information management requirements such as HIPAA
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Coordinate with other revenue cycle departments for follow up on billing matters and/or claim denials.
- Communicate and collaborate with Intake Operations Managers and Director of Revenue Cycle to effectively resolve issues impacting the referral process.
- Special projects as assigned